The Nor-Gwyn Pool Commission is looking for a part time Facilities Manager to support the operation of our seasonal aquatic facility. The job description is below. Interested candidates should email Harry Singer at email@example.com.
Facilities Manager Job Description (Part Time)
- Under the direction of the Nor-Gwyn Pool Commission, maintain and operate a large outdoor, seasonal Aquatic Facility including an Olympic-sized swimming pool, tot pool, diving well and related amenities to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for our patrons.
- Manage and supervise a maintenance team of between 2 and 4 employees to ensure facility readiness by providing work direction, technical guidance, and training to maintenance staff.
- This is a seasonal position with most activity in the spring and fall; year-round availability for meetings and project work is required.
- Maintenance/operation. Typical duties include:
- The safe operation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment for pool operation including: water filtration and chemical purification systems, intake and outlet valves, chemical feeders, pumps, compressors, seals, vacuum equipment, and chlorine metering devices
- Ensuring non-mechanical pool equipment, buildings and facility components meet code specifications
- Consultation and/or participation in major repairs and institutional improvements
- Oversees annual startup/shut down tasks… ie: draining, inspection, repair, filling, preparation of pools. Opening/winterizing of locker rooms/bath rooms, maintenance of grounds and associated equipment; cleaning and winterizing pool buildings and pool equipment
- Implementation and management of a preventive maintenance program for pool operations
- Direct and monitor ongoing maintenance operations including: the storage of pool chemicals; sanitizing swim decks and acid-wash of pool, decks, gutters, and filters; vacuuming of pool floors
- Safety. Typical duties include:
- Ensure the safe handling of all pool chemicals and equipment
- Instruct maintenance staff on equipment used to maintain pool and building
- Administrative. Typical duties include:
- Attendance at monthly Pool Commission meetings
- Contribute on bid specifications for contracted work
- Manage certain vendor activities
- Prepare regular reports as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience in maintaining and repairing commercial swimming pool mechanical equipment including water intake, outlet, and diatomaceous earth (DE) filtration systems
- Strong mechanical aptitude, specifically in the the operation of hand and power tools associated with plumbing, electrical, and pool maintenance
- Must be able to distinguish colorized water testing charts, be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions, and lift up to 45lbs
- Must possess a working knowledge of safety and health codes for public swimming pools as well as safety procedures for storing, handling, and using pool chemicals